Standard for Project Management of a Project
Copyright © 2017 by Internetpress
To see an answer, click or touch its question:
What is the Project Management Institute’s primary reference for its professional development programs?
Annex A1, “The Standard for Project Management of a Project.”
Where can Annex A1 be found?
At the back of the PMBOK Guide.
Annex A1 is a standard. However, is it to be used as a methodology or a guide?
- As a guide that provides a standard framework for managing a project.
Does Annex A1 include every guideline for managing a project?
Why does the Annex A1 standard not include every guideline for managing a project?
- Because the standard evolves along with project management profession.
Annex A1 uses what term to denote the phase for a project?
What are the five project phases as described by Annex A1?
- Project Initiating Process Group
- Project Planning Process Group
- Project Executing Process Group
- Project Monitoring and Controlling Process Group
- Project Closing Process Group
How do you implement the guiding framework of Annex A1?
- By choosing project management techniques that are appropriate for each phase of the project.
Projects and project phases have life cycles. What is meant by a predictive life cycle?
- A life cycle made of tasks whose durations and results are completely known.
What is another term for a predictive life cycle?
- A plan driven life cycle.
What is meant by an adaptive life cycle?
- A life cycle made of tasks whose durations and results are not completely known.
What is another term for an adaptive life cycle?
- A change driven life cycle.
May a particular project phase have a composite life cycle that ranges from predictive to adaptive?