Portfolio, Program, Project, and Organizational Management Relationships
Copyright © 2017 by Tomislav N. Krnich
To see an answer, click or touch its question:
What is a portfolio?
- A set of projects, programs, subportfolios, and operations that are all managed as a group to achieve strategic objectives.
Must the projects and programs in a portfolio be directly related or interdependent?
- No, elements of a portfolio may not be related to each other nor interdependent.
What is portfolio management?
- The centralized management of one or more portfolios to achieve strategic objectives.
What are the two main focuses of portfolio management?
- Ensuring that portfolio elements are reviewed in order to prioritize and allocate resources to them, and
- ensuring that portfolio elements are aligned with organizational strategies.