Relationships Between Project, Operations, and Organizational Strategy
Copyright © 2017 by Tomislav N. Krnich
To see an answer, click or touch its question:
What is a business operation?
- A permanent (on-going) activity that is necessary for achieving organizational objectives.
What is the main difference between a business operation and a project?
- A business operation is a permanent activity while a project is a temporary activity.
May a business operation change over time?
What is the responsibility of operations management?
- To oversee, direct, and control a business operation.
Although projects are temporary, how can they help an organization achieve its objectives?
- By aligning themselves with the organization’s objectives.
What is a strategic business initiative?
- An act that changes a business operation, product, service, or system.
How is a strategic business initiative implemented?
What are the requirements of a project as compared with a business operation?
- A project requires project management activities and the skills to support those activities.
- A business operation requires business process management activities, operations management activities, and the skills that support those activities.