What is a Project-Based Organization?
Copyright © 2017 by Tomislav N. Krnich
To see an answer, click or touch its question:
What is a Project-Based Organization (PBO)?
- An organization that predominantly uses projects to execute their work.
Can a PBO be created and exist within a larger (parent) organization?
Can a PBO be created and exist within different organizational structures, such as functional, matrix, and even projectized organizational structures?
Since a PBO is a subset of resources taken from and belonging to a larger (parent) organization, name two characteristics of the parent organization that may directly affect the PBO?
- The parent organization’s hierarchy.
- The parent organization’s bureaucracy.
How can a PBO affect its parent organization’s hierarchy and bureaucracy?
- By diminishing their value.
Why can a PBO diminish the value of its parent organization’s hierarchy and bureaucracy?
- Because the success of a PBO’s work is measured by its results rather than by its position or politics.