The Link between Project Management and Organizational Governance
Copyright © 2017 by Tomislav N. Krnich
To see an answer, click or touch its question:
What is the relationship between an organization and the governing policies and procedures it adopts?
- The organization’s need to create strategic direction.
What is the relationship between organizational governance and projects?
- Projects depend on organizational governance as a source for strategic direction.
What is the relationship between organizational governance and a project manager?
- The project manager depends on organizational governance as a source for strategic direction.
Can organizational governance impose constraints on projects?
How may the success of a project be judged?
- By how well the project’s results can support organizational governance, especially if its results are subject to strict organizational governance.
Which governance policies and procedures are particularly important to a project manager?
- Those which are related to their project’s results and objectives.
Name three tasks a project manager may use to ensure their projects are in-line with organizational governance?
- Review governance policies and procedures.
- Distinguish which of them pertain to their projects.
- Comprehend how they constrain their projects.