How Organizational Cultures and Styles Influence a Project
Copyright © 2017 by Tomislav N. Krnich
To see an answer, click or touch its question:
Name five factors that influence how an organization's projects are performed.
- An organization's culture.
- An organization's work style.
- The organizational structure.
- An organization's level of project management maturity.
- An organization's project management systems.
In the context of project management, what is an entity?
- An individual person, an organizational department, or an entire organization.
When can an organization's project be influenced by an external entity?
- When the organization is part of a joint venture or partnering agreement.
In the context of project management, what is a systematic arrangement of entities?
- An organization of departments and individual people aimed at accomplishing a purpose.
Name two group phenomena that are referred to, or known as, cultural norms.
- Organizational culture.
- Organizational style.
A cultural norm develops over what?
Name three characteristics of an organizational cultural norm.
- An established approach to initiating and planning projects.
- An established means or ways that are considered acceptable for getting the work done.
- Authorities exist who are recognized to make or influence decisions.
How is organizational structure shaped?
- By the common experiences of its members.
Over time, what two factors will affect how most organizational structures become unique among other organizations?
- The trial of specific practices.
- The common usage (adoption) of specific practices.
Name four common organizational experiences that are based on a shared vision.
- The organization's mission.
- The organization's values.
- The organization's beliefs.
- The organization's expectations.
Name three common organizational experiences that are based on the usage of regulations.
- Usage of common policies.
- Usage of common methods.
- Usage of common procedures.
Name a common organizational experience that is based on a motivational system.
Name a common organizational experience based on a shared amount of tolerance.
Name three common organizational experiences that are based on a particular view of management.
- A view of leadership.
- A view of organizational hierarchy.
- A view of their relationships with authority.
An organization's culture is also known as what type of factor?
- As an enterprise environmental factor.
What is an enterprise environmental factor?
- A condition that can influence, constrain, or direct the project, and it is not under the control of the project team.
What two methods are used for adapting to an organizational culture and style?
- By learning it.
- By having it shared with you.
Name two organizational factors that may have a strong influence on a project's ability to meets its objectives.
- An organization's culture.
- An organization's style.
What two organizational factors should a project manager understand that may affect a project?
- Different organizational cultures.
- Different organizational styles.
The project manager must know which two individuals to increase the probability of project success?
- The decision makers.
- The influencers.
In the context of globalization, what critical factor must be understood with projects involving diverse organizations and locations around the world?
- The impact of cultural influences.
In the context of globalization, what competence becomes critical for the project manager in defining project success?
- Multi-cultural competence.